Lots of rumors floating around during Super Bowl Media Day.
One of the more interesting rumors heard is that new Philadelphia Eagles Head Coach Chip Kelly has been talking to the Jets about acquiring Tim Tebow. When questioning insiders at both teams, they replied, “No comment” …which makes it seem like something might be happening.
On first thought, Philadelphia already has Michael Vick as their QB. However, upon closer scrutiny, the Eagles strategy is to have 2 QB’s that are dual threat leaders.
Michael Vick is starting to get long in the tooth and has been taking physical beatings the past few years. In fact, he has missed games because of his injuries. Having a healthy bull named Tim Tebow backing up Michael Vick seems to be a very well thought out insurance policy….and here’s why:
1. Michael Vick can still play
2. Chip Kelly’s wide open offense if perfect to utilize both Vick and Tebow’s greatest skill sets….pass, run, scramble and making broken plays into huge gains.
3. Tebow is hungry. He wants to prove himself in the NFL (not Canadian league).
4. Tebow might not be pretty…but all he does is win.
5. If Vick gets knocked out of a game, Tebow is one helluva weapon to bring in as your backup QB. And with Chip Kelly’s innovative offense, he can make Tebow get his mojo back.
So, football fans….and especially Eagles fans….what do you think of the rumor of Tebow coming to the Eagles to give Vick some dual threat competition?